Little Nemo: Escape from Slumberland

Monday, December 8, 2014

ESCAPE FROM SLUMBERLAND. 2014.
Digital, 16 × 21″ @ 400 ppi.

At long last, I can show my contribution to the Little Nemo: Dream Another Dream anthology! The book is now available for purchase from Locust Moon Publishing. The book is big and beautiful, so you'll need an entire table just to read it. I'll have prints of my page to sell eventually, but not just yet (need to concentrate on The Valiant right now).




Although I was originally going to use this project as a way to learn Manga Studio, I ended up switching back to Photoshop after the layout stage. I didn't like MS's lack of a scrubbing zoom tool (but after a recent update, it looks to have it now).

Fun fact: sharks have been known to roll their "L"s.

2 comments :

  1. I really dig the color choices you've made for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was really trying my best to emulate McCay's original palette.

      Delete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.