Fan Expo 2010 Commissions

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Black Cat. 2010. Watercolor on paper, 9 x 12".

This is the first of 2 Black Cat commissions from Fan Expo, though to be honest, the second wasn't finished until I got back home to Brooklyn (I think I already posted that one to Twitter). If I remember correctly, I finished this piece in my hotel room since I just wasn't working fast enough on the convention floor. I had suddenly become "Mr. Popular" since they reprinted Amazing Spider-Man #638 as a con-exclusive for Stan Lee's appearance, compete with an Olivier Coipel cover. Not that I minded all the attention—I just didn't realize what I was signing at first.

I'm currently in the midst of my super-secret project and should be done by the end of the month. I'll give a couple hints: it's a single image, I'm painting it at 16 x 24", and there is a superhero involved. That's enough for now. After that, I'll finally (finally!) get back to sequential work.

Have a great weekend, and keep in mind that the Spectrum deadline is looming.

4 comments :

  1. This may be the most beautiful piece of artwork I have ever laid my eyes on. I think I know what I am going to get for a commission next time I see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza! She's gorgeous. Great job, Paolo.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.